Saturday, October 23, 2010

7 years..Doesn't it go by in a blink?

Seven years ago today I had brain surgery to fix a malformation of my brain called an Arnold Chiari.

Longs story short my brain is positioned in such a way that there isn't enough room for it in my head. So my brain is shoved down the hole in my spinal collumn where your spinal fluid is supposed to drain.

Seven years ago today some very talented doctors fixed that for me. And I will be grateful for them for the rest of my life.

I am also grateful because God used this opportunity (and the months of bed rest following) to change the direction my life was going in. He used this opportunity to show me His love in a way I had never experienced it. And people were brought into my life that I can't imagine the last seven years without.

So here I stand seven years later, in awe of what has happened and excited about what lies ahead...